Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Brexit - The Leave campaign idiocy, generation warfare, and racism

I applaud the UK's decision to leave the EU. Not because I have anything against the UK, but because of what the EU has become.

That being said, I don't identify with any of the idiots who led the Leave campaign. Why "idiots"? Let me provide an example - Nigel Farage accused the British MEPs of never having done a proper job (in what must probably have been the most pathetic speech I've ever heard); in turn, this most-competent-fear-monger led a British Armada of fishermen up the Thames, the message being something like "Once we leave the EU, you'll be able to fish as much as you need to Make the UK Great Again (TM)".

Apparently, Nigel Farage doesn't know how it works. I can't say I'm surprised. If there's a pattern that's been repeating since Friday is the "Leave Leaders" going "Well, I didn't say exactly that"; the most hilarious was the bloke (forgot his name, and I'm sure not going to look it up) saying he never claimed the "£350M for the NHS" being photographed in front of the bus that had that exact slogan plastered all over. These idiots are among the finest specimens of Dunning-Kruger I've ever seen.

In the fishing case, it gets better.
  • A significant part of the UK's fishermen are Scottish.
  • There are unconfirmed reports that the fishing quotas distribution was the usual State handouts to corporations (thus shafting the little guy), and was mostly managed in London, not Brussels.

I hope the UK recovers. I'd really love to watch a good British sitcom about all these idiots.

Generation warfare

"Old people are selfish! They voted «Leave» for their own egotistical reasons!" has been the battle-cry of the British Young Turks since Friday. And what these altruistic young souls usually say next is very enlightening. It goes something like "Now I can't work", "Now I can't travel", or "Now my life is ruined". Quite altruistic, these fellows.

Old geezers should forget their wants and needs and give precedence to the wants and needs of the younger generation. I finally know the location of that "No Country for Old Men (and Women)". Apparently, old people shouldn't have the luxury of choice; perhaps they should sail to Byzantium? Actually, from the opinions I've read from a large number of British Young Turks, they should just sail somewhere far, far away. Preferably on a few dinghies/planks/kale leaves.

It seems old geezers are also very racist. There's been numerous xenophobic incidents since the Brexit vote, caused by emboldened Leave voters (a.k.a., the elderly, since this is the demography most strongly associated with the Leave vote). These old racist swines are usually described as "a group of young people carrying England flags. Not UK flags, England flags" or "a group of lads", and appear to use typical old geezer tactics, like graffiti. Some of these old geezers actually have rather extreme ages, like 30.

I'll let the game of "Spot-the-not-so-minute-pile-of-bovine-fecal-matter" as an exercise for the reader.

Dear millennials... One citizen, one vote. Regardless of race, as I'm sure you'll agree. Regardless of religion, as I'm sure you'll understand. Regardless of age, no matter what you feel right now. If you don't like it, there's a Great Nation in the Korean Peninsula where you'll probably feel right at home.

It's brain-dead beyond belief this mantra of "old people ruined my life". Where were all these fine young specimens of Humanity as austerity ruined countless peoples' lives, including a lot of their own? Yeah, I know - on Twinstabook, or Whatschat.

In fact, forget the recent past, let's ask these outraged youngsters a simple question about the present - Where were you during this EU vote? The same data that millennials present to claim old geezers screwed them also shows millennials barely bothered to show up and vote. Of course, when confronted with this, millennials act just like everyone else - they present excuses, and not very smart excuses, at that.

As for xenophobia... Yes, there are racist assholes. Of all ages, mind you. Yes, they need to be stopped. That's why we have this little thing called the Law. Catch them, prosecute them, and make examples out of them, to show all the other "Forners-Out-Of-Our-Land" idiots what's in store for them. Actually, if you want to start setting examples, look no further than these three assholes: Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Michael Gove.

Yes, I know. That's hard work. It's a lot easier going after the little guy. Don't feel bad, dear SJW. Repeating what I said above, you're just like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment